Provided to you by Maureen
(Co-Founder of Organature ® )
Many health stores now stock these products –
- Laundry Washing Powder. Ecover fragrance free or Abode Sensitive, both suitable for front and top loader; dissolve powder in hot water before adding to machine. Ecostore has a washing powder and washing liquid also.
- Dishwashing liquid. Ecostore have a fragrance free dishwashing liquid and dishwashing tablets as well. Abode also have a fragrance free dishwashing liquid.
- Shampoo. Ecostore have a great fragrance free shampoo.
- Hair Conditioner. I am currently using Acure conditioner, I love the quality but it is not fragrance free. However I have been using the peppermint scented which is quite refreshing and tends not to linger once my hair is dry. Ecostore also have a fragrance free conditioner.
- Bath Soap. Biologika do a great fragrance free soap.
- Toothpaste. Red Seal Natural — no sls or fluoride. Try local health food, IGA Supermarkets or Golden Glow.
- Stain Remover. Ecover for spot removal, collars etc. strong odour; it is natural and dissipates quickly.
- Bleach. Ecover Oxy Bleach. Natural product.
- General Cleaning of baths, sinks, toilet bowl etc. Take approx. 4 tablespoons of Bi-Carb Soda and mix to a crumbly paste with a little Ecover washing up liquid … not too much or you will never get rid of the foam. Then add a small amount of warm water and mix to desired consistency (smooth paste). Rub with sponge of cloth around sink. When clean, rinse with clean water and then wipe over with a solution of 2 parts water and one part white vinegar. White vinegar (diluted with a little water) also makes a great hair conditioner rinse.
- Hydrogen Peroxide (from pharmacy) Dilute with 3 parts water and put in spray bottle. Use to dissipate smells but do not spray directly on to textiles as it may bleach.
- Borax. An excellent cleaner for ovens and other hard surfaces, such as concrete. It is also a mould inhibitor. Also useful for washing down mould on walls. A hair dryer can be used for spot drying small areas once the mould has been cleaned, otherwise air thoroughly or dry as quickly to reduce the possible re-growth of the mould.
- Damp-Sorb. Available in hardware stores and used to absorb moisture, especially useful when placed under bed in bedrooms where condensation builds up on inside windows on cold mornings.
- Paint and Oil. Livos; all Livos products are totally naturally made from plant and mineral oils. The range includes paint and oils for outside and inside, decking, bench, furniture oils, wall paint, tile adhesive, etc. Go to www.livos.com.au to view all their products. For any further information please contact us. Livos products are available through Organature and we also use them to oil our Australian-made hardwood timber beds, bunks and trundles and all hardwood timber furniture if you require us to do it for you.
- Glue/Adhesive For Timber. A special adhesive with virtually no odour when using it; you need very little and it dries rock hard within 10-15 minutes and does not outgas later. Contact Organature for further details.
- Air Purifiers. Room and Car units. All metal construction, easy to refill, refill available from Australian suppliers. Healthy Air Purifiers are also available from Organature or for more technical information please go to: www.foustco.com and click onto air purifiers.