Organature® Chemical Free, Non Toxic Cradle – The best for your new baby’s tiny body.
From the creators of the Organic Baby Nursery Australia.
THE COMPLETE BABY CRADLE *PACKAGE INCLUDES:
- Australian Hardwood Cradle and Hammock,
- Organic Cotton Mattress,
- Organic Muslin Curtain.
*Accessories sold separately.
Easy to assemble, our Cradle has the Australian Hardwood frame with a slat base – also Australian Hardwood, that sits in the flat hammock of the cradle. The Hammock is made from 100% Certified Organic Cotton, and the curtain is made from 100% Certified Organic Cotton Muslin. Our futon style bassinet mattress sits into our new style hammock on top of the slat base. The mattress is made from 100% Certified Organic Cotton filling and outer – nothing else!
*Note: The mattress does not have divots, and although it starts off feeling puffy, will flatten down to a compact surface. It will not be rigid. This would involve foam, rubber or latex, which is full of nerve toxins and chemicals, and we DO NOT and WILL NOT use.
Our Organature® Cradle is made using timber that requires NO chemical fumigation.
Available Raw and Sanded, or with Natural Plant Based Oil Options. (This is an oil not a paint, so you will still see the natural wood grain and individuality.) Please make an enquiry if you would like a different colour oil. We source our oils from Livos who have a range of other colours, you may choose to purchase raw and sanded and apply the oils yourself, here is a link to the Livos Website.
*Note: the slat base insert which sits inside the hammock is not oiled.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT OTHER BABY COTS AND CRADLES SOLD IN AUSTRALIA:
Did you know that most conventional wooden furniture is made using toxic glues and finishes? Imported timber must be fumigated before it can enter the country.
Most cots and cradles sold in Australia are imported, the majority are made in China. One cot we researched is made in Australia from imported timber, these timbers ARE fumigated. Some suppliers of cots are claiming made with ‘Australian timber’, this may be true but they send the timber to China to produce the furniture more economically! What happens when it’s returned back to Australia? Australian quarantine regulations requires fumigation of timber and timber products. Fumigation chemicals are harmful to health, and a possible cause of SIDS. Some cots and cradles are also made here with MDF, full of formaldehyde, another cause of SIDS? Glued and finished with petro chemical paint and stain, another cause of SIDS? — It’s not worth the chance.
ORGANIC BABY NURSERY AUSTRALIA:
Because of this, we found it necessary to manufacture our own AUSTRALIAN HARDWOOD TIMBER FURNITURE from local Victorian Mountain Ash. NO Toxic chemicals, NO MDF, NO Chipboard, NO Chemical Paint and NO Toxic Glues are used during any part of the manufacturing process. Brown Sawmills are members of Australian Forest Standard, SAI Global certified system and PEFC, assuring sustainability and keeping down carbon footprints. There is no fumigation used in the processing of any of our timber products. There are no harmful chemicals to out-gas in either the construction of our furniture or in the finish either.
All Organature® Bed Linen and Hardwood Furniture is toxin-free and Proudly MADE IN AUSTRALIA where we can guarantee the purity of the manufacturing process from start to finish … so we can confidently call it 100% Organic.
- Cradle height to top bar: 88 cm approx.
- Floor Space 53 x 100 cm approx.
- Optional Curtain head 168 cm above floor.
Cradle Assembly Instructions: Follow the steps below or download our Cradle-Assembly-Instructions.
- To hold the sides firmly in place, straps have been placed on the sides as well as the ends. To assemble match numbers on ends of the timber bars and curtain pole with numbers on the frame.
- Using the key supplied, loosely assemble the bottom bars then proceed to the top bars. Thread the hammock loops on to one bar at a time, and loosely assemble each bar as the hammock is threaded on.
- Once all bars are in position tighten bolts only with key provided — do not overtighten once the bolt feels tight — do not tighten any further as this may pull the insert nuts out of position.
- You may have to ’wriggle’ the bolt and nut so that they ’home’ properly. Do not force to tighten. If they do not screw easily, they may be ’mis-threaded’. Do not continue, but unscrew and start again.
- Position curtain pole in place on the outside of frame with bolts from the inside and the nuts supplied on the outside of the curtain pole using the key supplied.
- The cradle was fully assembled and checked before packing.
- All timbers were fine sanded, however sometimes slight ‘Furring’ of timber may occur. This can be avoided by using a natural oil followed by a gentle polish with fine polishing steel wool or 150 grit sandpaper after oil is dry. Organature® use and recommend ‘Livos’ oil. Should you not wish to use oil, a light sanding with 150 grit sandpaper will smoothen this furring.
DELIVERY CHARGE: All Organature furniture, beds, mattresses, futons, bed bases and toppers are professionally delivered right throughout Australia by a specialist courier service. These items are carefully packaged and sent from our hygienic factory in Victoria and freight is charged according to your postcode. This cost is not included in your online order, and we will contact you to confirm the delivery price. Feel free to get a quote for shipping before placing your order. If you select ‘Pick up from store’ – this will still incur a $50 fee for transport from our craftsman/factory to our shop in Newhaven.
DELIVERY TIME: Please feel free to place your orders, however, because each piece is individually handcrafted, production time on all timber products is approx. 4 weeks.
REVIEWS: Kelly Douglas | |23/12/2018
Love your products!! I have a baby sleeping soundly in the next room on a cradle mattress by Organature ❤️. Her cradle is next to the Victorian Ash king size bed you guys made us and the next room along hosts a cot by Organature 🤗